Our Commitment to the Community
Merchants Bank & Trust is committed to supporting non-profit organizations in their efforts to serve our communities. To help the Bank in considering your donation or sponsorship, please submit your written request to Business Development at least one month prior to the event. While we will consider every request, the Bank has limited resources and cannot fund them all. Therefore, organizations that bank with Merchants Bank & Trust or are affiliated with our customers, board members and/or employees will be given priority.
Donations are generally made to:
- Activities that benefit large numbers of people within our community
- Community services related to affordable housing and services which target low to moderate income families
- Community services related to financial literacy
- Community economic development projects which impact low to moderate income families
We may not be able to make contributions for causes which support:
- Individual needs
- Travel expenses for individuals or groups
- Political causes or campaigns
- Membership or religious organizations, unless the project benefits the entire community
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this Donation Request form. Please submit it, along with a current IRS form W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (if applicable) and any additional materials relating to your request, to any MBT office or mail to: Merchants Bank & Trust, Attn: Business Development, 111 North State Street, West Harrison, IN 47060. Please note that a donation request form will be required for all donations. If you have questions, you can call the Business Development Department at 812-637-3232.